When you are making career choices, it may be helpful to review the Identity and Becoming Independent sections of this site.
It may also be helpful to think about the following:
- What path do I want to take? Straight to university or college? Take a gap year? Go straight to work or into a job-training program?
- Is the choice my own or are my family and friends a part of my decision making? Who can I ask for advice?
- What is my financial situation and how will that impact my study and career choices?
- Where do I want to work or study?
- What opportunities exist in the place where I want to study or work?
- What are my goals now and in the future?
- What am I passionate about and can I fulfill those passions in other ways or only through work?
- How and where can I get all of the information I need to help me make the most informed decisions?