Where To Go For Help

You are here

Where To Go For Help

If you are in crisis or need immediate help:

Other local resources

Help Seeking

If you’re concerned about your mental health or the mental health of someone you know, the first and most important thing you should do is tell a safe and trusted person.

  • A doctor (general practitioner/family doctor) can help you determine what is going on and help you access the appropriate treatment.
  • Many people find it helpful to tell a family member, teacher or school counselor, coach, or friend first so that they have a support person to go with them to the doctor.
  • Mental illnesses are very treatable, provided the person receives evidence-based care. 
For More Information:

Information on evidence-based medicine

Questions to ask your doctor or health care provider