Spirituality is a sense of connection to something bigger than oneself.
- Spirituality comes in many different forms and is considered a universal human experience.
- Spirituality is a look at our inner selves and way of being as we relate to our surrounding, including interactions with others and our environment.
- Some people describe themselves as highly spiritual while others do not consider themselves to be spiritual at all. There is no “right” degree of spirituality.
- Faith, or religion, is a strong belief that is shared by a community that helps followers find meaning in their world.
- Spirituality and faith/religion are two separate but common phenomenon. Both shape who we are and may provide us with community as well as helping us determine our values and life directions.
Things to think about:
- Where do I find meaning?
- How do I feel connected to others?
- How do I feel I should I live?
- What rituals do I follow?
- How do I determine what is right and wrong?
- What do I believe and why?