Things in life don’t always go your way. Nobody lives a life that is stress-free.
Experiencing set-backs teaches you how to recover from them and move on.
Learning to cope with academic challenges is important and many students will experience academic difficulties when they first start university or college
Lessons to learn
- Ask “what could I have done differently and how can I apply what I have learned from this to other situations?”
- You can’t always control what has happened, but you can control how you deal with it.
- Focus on what you learned, not on what you think you may have lost.
- Put things into perspective and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Not every stressor is the end of the world. Indeed, most stressors are good for you.
Put yourself first
- Taking care of yourself with proper food, exercise, rest and friendships is an important part of preparing yourself to deal with stressors
- A good support network can go a long way in helping you cope with stressors.
- Know that you are capable of success, and that some areas may just need more effort than others.
Learn from your failures
- We tend to learn more from our failures than our successes.
- When you fail at something (and you will), use that experience to help you develop new skills and strategies.
For More Information: