A particular cultural group(s) you feel connected to may influence your identity.
- This may include a geographic area, such as a country, province or community that you live in.
- It may also include belonging to the LGBTQ* community, a particular race or ethnic community, a spiritual or faith group, or the disabilities community, for example.
- Your cultural identity may also be shaped by an interest-oriented community such as music, art, gaming, or athletics.
- And, to make it even more complicated, you are likely to have a number of different cultural identities at the same time (for example: your city, your school, your athletic team, your synagogue).
Things to think about:
- What cultural group(s) do you identify with?
- How does your cultural group(s) influence who you are?
- How does your cultural group(s) influence your interests?
- In what ways does your cultural group(s) impact your values?
- How do your cultural connections provide you with a sense of self and/or belonging?
- In what ways does your culture impact the other pieces of your identity?