Values are principles or judgments about what is important to you and to others.
- Values can help shape your views and behaviours, and impact your personal growth and development.
- Values come from our homes, parents, communities, schools, peers, culture, religious and spiritual teachings, people we appreciate, respect and cherish, and society in general.
- Sometimes there can be a “clash” amongst different values and sorting out what to do in that kind of situation may be challenging.
Things to think about:
- What do you value?
- Where do your values come from?
- How do you feel when your values are different from others?
- Can values change?
- How can values influence the way you view the world?
- Which values are most important to you?