Although many people are able to gamble without experiencing problems, some students are gambling away large amounts of money – both in casinos and online.
- Ongoing money problems because of gambling
- Constantly borrowing money from friends
- Acting secretive or lying about gambling
- Choosing to gamble instead of spending time with friends or family
- Nervousness or anxiousness, usually about money
- Avoiding friends whom you owe money
- Constantly talking about gambling or money
- Relationship problems because of gambling or money losses from gambling
- Neglecting your responsibilities due to gambling
- These symptoms prevent you from being able to do well at school, at work, or in your relationships and are not due to an obvious cause.
For More Information:
Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario